Beauty sleep is all I need

There are those who can read for hours. Those who let the music play until morning. Those who forget the light on and the window open. Those who comb the hair for hours and those who massage their face with plenty of cream. Who tosses & turns many times and who remains on the couch… There is someone, like me, that falls asleep suddenly. And so suddenly turns off everything. I ruffle my hair on the pillow. It’s time to dream. With my eyes closed this time. And I do not know what about you but I do not care how hot it is, I can not sleep without my duvet. Maybe tomorrow I’ll have a dream to tell to you.

♡Buonanotte

C’è chi riesce a leggere per ore. Chi lascia la musica suonare fino al mattino. Chi dimentica la luce accesa e la finestra spalancata. Chi si pettina per ora e chi si riempie di crema. Chi si rigira per ore e chi rimane sul divano per poi trascinarsi a fatica. Chi, come me, si addormenta di colpo. E così improvvisamente spengo ogni cosa. Spettino i capelli sul cuscino. E’ tempo di sognare. Con gli occhi chiusi stavolta. E comunque non so voi, ma a me non importa quanto sia caldo, io senza il mio piumone non dormo. Magari domani avrò un sogno da raccontare. Buonanotte

33 Responses to “Beauty sleep is all I need”

1. I so agree, not sure if it’s because Fall is here but I certainly feel the need for more beauty sleep!

2. KristySamone says:

I agree! Sleep is the best meditation! I truly need some after this NY fashion week too-ha!

3. Lovely, I just Pinterested some of these,
    Portia xx

Sogni d’oro. Sempre. x

5. Shea says:

I really liked this post, it was short and straight to the point, it almost sounds like a poem.

6. I completely agree. Nothing makes me crabbier than not getting my full 8 hours of beauty sleep!

7. Jeni Johnson says:

Great words! I envy those that fall asleep within minutes of laying down. I however take at least 20 mins but I do have the most vivid dreams every night! Oh how I love to dream!

• Dreaming is great, but frightening sometimes. Do you have a “frequent” dream?

• Jeni Johnson says:

No frequent dreams, I used to have scary dreams when I was really young but no longer. Last night I dreamt of P Diddy and I were partners on a game show where we left because the host thought we were lying about the machine giving us wrong numbers…it was hilarious….then I dreamt of Shaun n I living in a house with a bunch of roommates and one good looking soap actor who sat down on the couch next to me with his arm around my shoulder. Shaun got jealous. Hehehe. Later the actor was in bed with Halle Berry who broke him down because he was such a player and finally admitted that his ex Wife had a hold on him still…..wow!

8. I am a lover of sleeping specially if the bed is nicely styled and comfy too! =)

9. Excellent post. Sleeping is actually the most important part of the day. Love the images :)

10. lol, I simply love the first pic!!!

Im following your blog now! :)

11. mbneve says:

In Estonia diciamo che la mattina è più saggia della sera, non lo se lo usato anche voi. Vuol dire che se hai un problema meglio dormirci sopra e la mattina vedi tutto in un altra luce.

Sleep is the best meditation and many times it’s also a cure to sadness and bad mood.

Sweet dreams everyone!

• si, il concetto è questo, forse le parole diverse :-) , ma spesso quando uno è arrabbiato diciamo “dai dormici su”…in effetti è vero quando sei triste poi al mattina dopo ti sembra tutto quando ti svegli ti sembra tutto meno difficile! mi hai fatto pensare a qualcos’altro. grazie bellezza!

12. Great photo choices for this post :D

13. so true!! i feel like such a grouch if i don’t get at least 8 hours now! maybe also because I am getting older…awesome post, sweet dreams everyone :)